Monday, April 5, 2010

Does the iDeafNews.com Violates DeafRead's Policy?

Jamie Berke's "About Deafness"'s latest e-blog posting caught my attention about the "iDeafNews". Some arising issues concerned Jamie Berke and the "iDeafNews.com" posting.

First of all, Jamie Berke's "About Deafness" posting on the "iDeafNews.com" seems violates the DeafRead's guideline policy #6 - http://www.deafread.com/guidelines/ about the links to the commerical websites. All reputable journalists and news jockeys and bloggers/vloggers ought to be really careful when comes to the apparent endorsements of "paid links".

What we should do about Jamie Berke's blog postings? Should Jamie Berke be suspended temporarily from posting anything on the DeafRead? Policy is policy.

Always enjoy reading Jamie Berke's blog postings, but always cringe after seeing the use of term -"deafness". When will Jamie Berke finally understand about the poisonous use of "deafness" inflict the societial attitude toward deaf people and reflect badly upon ourselves?

Many of us, DeafRead readers and viewers already knew about the extent of pathological intentions comes with the word use of "deafness". How would Jamie Berke feel about us apply "womanness", "blackness", "jewishness", "muslimness", "latinoness", "asianness"and other more? We need to think deeply what and how we apply such word term to ourselves. We avoid using "deafies", too.

Jamie Berke could do is to blur the enclosed commerical links regarding the "iDeafNews" as approriate tactic if she want to post the link to the "iDeafNews" according to the DeafRead policy #6 - http://www.deafread.com/guidelines/

ASLize yours,
Robert L. Mason

9 comments:

  1. I find that your comment about jamie's posting is absurd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie Berke a professional journalist? Not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From now on, I will not accept any Anonymous comments. Thanks.

    RLM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous #2,

    I never said that Jamie Berke is a professional journalist. Thanks.

    RLM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robert,

    You may want to edit the headline to "Does iDeafNews.com violate DeafRead's policy?".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toby,

    Yes, I used the wrong English grammar. Oops! I just have been sleepyhead this early morning.

    Thanks for the correction. :) I will edit it, but it already cached to the WWW. :)

    RLM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excuse me, it seems you removed my post.

    I pointed out that the word "deafness" is used on the NAD Web site. For example, it is used in the NAD statement on cochlear implants (which is an excellent statement, I think).

    If the NAD uses the word, I don't see why Jamie Berke should be criticized for using it.

    I left my name before, but not an URL as I don't have an URL. I'll leave my email address in the URL spot if you want.

    Otherwise, I point out that the OpenID option does not include Hotmail, and that I don't want to sign up for a Google account just to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. São Paulo, 5 de setembro de 2010- brasil
    ( surdo Mundo)
    João Batista Vieira da Silva
    presidentejoao2010@hotmail.com / www.msn.com/
    presidentejoao2010@hotmail.com / www.facebook.com.br/
    joaosurdo2010@myspace.com www /. myspace.com /
    joaosurdo2009@hotmail.com www /. msn.com /
    joaobvssurdo@bol.com.br / www.orkut.com/
    www.rede.surdosol.com.br joaosurdo2009@hotmail.com /
    webcam sim voce
    eu nao Conheço grande Mas hum forte abraço obrigado amigo /

    ReplyDelete